Dear all ITB students,
Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan, presents JAYSES 2012 (Japan-Asia Young Scientist and Engineer Study Visit 2012).
Joint study trip program for the students from member universities of JAYSES in Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam. The participants will learn how the Japanese technology and methodology are applied to the practical stage and effect Asian society in various aspects and also study about close relation among Japan and Asian countries.
22 Aug. (Wed) – 1 Sep. 2012 (Sat), 10 nights 11 days
The Philippines (Manila and surrounding area)
11 days study visit to the Philippines (22 August – 1 September, 2012)
(1) Visit to: Filipino/Japanese companies, government organizations, educational facilities, and research institutes, etc.
(2) Discussion: The participants will separate into several groups according to chosen topics to exchange opinions.
(3) Presentation: Each group gives a presentation after discussion.
TOPICS for DISCUSSION
The topics for JAYSES 2012 will be decided by the participants through preparatory activities.
Example topics of JAYSES 2011 held in Thailand:
– Thai industries
– Japanese industries in Thailand
– ODA and JICA Programs
– JETRO- Supporting service for Japanese companies
– Intellectual property
– Educational institutions (Thai universities)
[Merits for the participants]
1) Can establish network with Japanese and neighboring countries students
2) Can learn the relation among Asian countries through private investment or Official Development Assistance (ODA)
3) Can be awarded the certificate of official participation by the Executive Vice President of Tokyo Tech.
4) Can collect useful information about studying in Japan especially at Tokyo Tech.
1. Students of the member universities of JAYSES:
The PHILIPPINES – University of The Philippines Diliman, De La Salle University
THAILAND – Chulalongkorn University, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology, Kasetsart University, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Thonburi
INDONESIA – Universitas Indonesia, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Universitas Gadjah Mada
SINGAPORE – National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University
VIETNAM – Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
2. Participant should have proper ability to communicate in written and spoken English.
3. Participant should attend at least 3 days of site observation visits and 1 day of discussion (Student Forum). The certificate will be awarded at the Final Presentation Session. The detailed schedule will be announced after confirmation.
Download the application form from the website
fill up and send to the JAYSES Working Committee (jayses).
Deadline for document submission: 21 May 2012 (Mon) 23:59
JAYSES Working Committee: jayses
(Ms. Eriko KITAJIMA, International Affairs Division)
Official JAYSES webpage for non-Tokyo Tech students.
http://www.ttot.ipo.titech.ac. jp/JAYSES2012/application_non_ e.html
JAYSES 2011 – ITB Alumni
Contacts: Reinhardt Albert M.-AE 08 (email@example.com) or Marsha Faradina-TK 09 (firstname.lastname@example.org)